Sewer / Drain Backup Repair
Got Clogged Drain/Sewer?
Many homeowners had to deal with a drain or sewer backup. We all know how unpleasant and unexpected this situation can be that restricts you from using a plumbing fixtures in a house.
A sewer backing up in the basement is the worst case scenario, which can bring up dangerous bacteria which are not always easily cleaned.
What Causes Drain Backups?
When your drains are beginning to clog, you’ll notice that fluid will take longer to disappear. Call professional drain cleaner to handle the issue for you!
Drain backups can potentially be caused by a number of different issues:
- Broken pipes: the issue could be with your pipes themselves
- Improper disposal of items: Items such as napkins, paper towel or even baby wipes that claim to be “flushable” can cause a drain clog
- Buildup: Over time, pouring grease, oils and fats down your kitchen drain or hair going down your bathroom drain can build up and cause a clog
- Tree Roots in Drain: Roots find their way into the sewer line through a crack, and once there, they gorw out and cause a blockage
- Belly or Dip in drain/sewer: this is a result of improper supporting of pipes and can lead to flow restriction and clog
- Improper plumbing: not by code plumbing can lead to clog
- Combined Issue
The Signs of a Clogged Sewer or Drain
- Water returns from drain
- Very slow draining
- Drain makes a gurgling noise
- Puddles of water form near tub
- The kitchen drain smells of rotting food
What You Can Do to Clear a Clog
- Plunge the drain: Use a plunger for your shower, sink or toilet. Make sure that overflow or secondary drain is plugged (you can use wet rag)
- Use a flange plunger: For toilets, this may be more effective at clearing a clog.
Our licensed plumber will conduct a thorough investigation to identify problem in drainage pipe by using special equipment. Then, RooterTeam’s emergency drain cleaning plumber will perform necessary excavation, drain cleaning or sewer backup services in Brampton, Pickering, Hamilton, Oakville, Toronto, or Mississauga to remove the blockage.